Raccoons: Can They Climb Your Walls?
Raccoons are clever animals that frequently try to build their dens in chimneys and attics. They can, however, create a den pretty much anywhere in your home. You might have an issue on your hands if you’ve heard these animals on your walls or seen raccoons prowling about your property. The following information will help you understand why you need expert assistance to acquire permanent raccoon trapping and removal if you believe you have raccoons on your walls.
It’s not easy to get raccoons off your land and out of your house. Additionally, attempting to handle these animals by yourself is risky. Experts employ a range of techniques to remove raccoon families from residential and commercial properties without harming them. They use a variety of removal techniques, both passive and active. They also employ hand capture, live traps, and one-way exit devices.
How Can You Tell If You Have a Rat in Your Wall?
The sounds that raccoons produce will be the first thing you hear. at the base of the wall or at the base where the wooden frame meets the floor area. The animals pass through, scratching and tearing at the wall. Additionally, it’s possible that the raccoons are scaling the wall or the pipes. Rats, opossums, and squirrels can all get inside your house. So how do you tell a raccoon’s sounds apart from those of another animal hidden in a wall?
The voice noises are different.
A raccoon’s vocalizations are much louder, slower, and deeper in pitch than those of a small rodent. Raccoons make a wide range of vocalizations, including chatter, growls, and other peculiar noises. When young raccoons chatter and wail, there is a chance raccoons carry diseases that you might record in a video or audio clip.
Raccoons in the Wall Cavity Removed
A tiny space exists between the inner and external walls of the majority of modern homes. This cavity improves the surface of the inner wall while also insulating and soundproofing the building.
Animals have unfortunately dug their way inside these cavities, as several properties have discovered. It is possible for rats, mice, squirrels, and raccoons to end up in this area. The types of animals that can fit inside depend on the cavity’s size.
It means that a baby raccoon can become trapped inside the hollow and its parents might not be able to free it.
You might hear a raccoon screaming and scrabbling frantically if you see that it is stuck in this wall cavity and unable to escape. Raccoons can be lured out of your walls using a variety of techniques, but you should never attempt to do it yourself. Raccoons carry other illnesses and parasites that could cause great injury to you and your family and are carried by raccoons, including rabies.
The best course of action is to contact a reputable raccoon removal business like Hawkeye. One strategy that a qualified business might use is to make a hole in the wall so they can access the cavity. One option is to cut a hole in the wall to access the cavity and remove the animal. They will have a cage to put the raccoon in once it has been removed from the cavity, along with heavy gloves.
How to Stop Raccoons from Penetrating Wall Cavities
A strong offense can occasionally be the best defense. You can take the following precautions to stop raccoons from getting into your wall cavities:
- To stop raccoons from spilling cans and burrowing inside, make sure your trash cans have tight lids or lids with locks.
- Remove Accessible Food from the Outside: It’s not a good idea to leave pet or bird food outside. Raccoons are more likely to be drawn to your property if food or trash is easy to get.
- Prune Trees: Raccoons can use trees that hang over your roof as a ramp to access your property. Raccoons won’t be able to enter your home from the roof as easily if you keep these clips.
- Raccoons may find it simpler to rip away damaged shingles and get access to your attic. Raccoons won’t cause additional harm to your property if your roof is in good shape.
- Never feed raccoons or keep them as pets. It’s against the law to do so, and feeding them will just encourage more to congregate on your land. Animals in the wild that use their property as a source of food won’t be able to distinguish between people who feed them and those who don’t. Raccoons have been known to attack people while in search of food. By feeding them, you endanger both yourself and your neighbors. It is preferable to get the animals removed by calling professionals. Feeding them won’t make a difference.
The History of Hawkeye Bird and Animal Control
If you require raccoon prevention and removal on a long-term basis, Hawkeye Bird and Animal Control may be able to assist you. Along with raccoon removal, we also offer bird and animal control, balcony cleaning and netting, residential and commercial cleaning, exclusion, and years of falconry knowledge.
We are authorized to do pest control, engage in falconry, and trap fur-bearing animals. We are the only pest bird and animal/wildlife control company in the nation recognized as a “Certified Wildlife Control Professional.”
Hawkeye specializes in offering natural, compassionate, and eco-friendly services, products, methods, and solutions for pest animals and wildlife that are endangering people or property. Animal removal, deterrents, barriers, as well as human protection from harm, disease, and health risks are all examples of control measures.